Updated February 18, 2022
Our top priority at Ski Big Bear at Masthope Mountain is the health and safety of our staff and our guests. We are committed to maintaining our operations responsibly and have developed additional safety policies in response to COVID-19, including the implementation of stringent standards of cleanliness. Our policies and procedures are developed with guidance and knowledge from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Pennsylvania State Health Dept. We will be adjusting our policies and operations as things change. Currently, we are not planning to place restrictions on passholders or require an advance reservation.
Actively enjoying the outdoors has proven to improve mental health and physical wellness. Winter recreation like skiing and riding check most of the boxes when looking for safe and healthy things to do for the entire family. Ski lifts provide for constant airflow while traveling uphill, and helmets, goggles, gloves and masks keep our faces and hands covered.
We encourage you to review our policies, procedures and operation plans. These standards have been implemented to keep you and your families safe and healthy while at the mountain.
Masks & Social Distancing
We do not require fully vaccinated guests to wear face coverings. However, per CDC guidelines it is recommended that both vaccinated and unvaccinated guests wear face coverings indoors. We hope you will consider these recommendations and the health of our employees seriously. We also do encourage all guests to practice adequate social distancing wherever possible.
In public spaces, Ski Big Bear has boosted its cleaning protocols. We are using CDC approved cleaning products and increasing the frequency of cleanings in all common areas... including the lodge and restrooms.
- Cleaning in public spaces will be done with an emphasis on frequent contact areas with hard non-porous surfaces including door handles, public restrooms, elevators and elevator buttons, stair handrails, dining surfaces and seating areas.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the property – including at entrances, exits and in high-traffic areas.
- Procedures are in place for sanitizing rental equipment regularly.
Guest Services / Retail
Customer service will be provided outside of the ski admin building and at ticket windows to help customers make purchases and process tickets and rentals. The upper floor of the ski admin building will not be used to conduct business in-person indoors. Retail purchases for items you may have forgotten will be available at the ticket windows.
Lift & Tubing Tickets
Purchase tickets online to save time and money. When you arrive at the mountain, tickets can be picked up at a PickUp Box (PUB).
- Lift Tickets are reloadable RFID cards. You can reload your card for additional days of tubing and skiing/riding online. No additional trips to the PickUp Box are necessary.
- We will not place a cap on lift ticket sales for skiing and riding, however there will be a limited number of tubing tickets available per session. Each session is 2 hours long.
Rental Shop / Equipment
Daily Rentals can be purchased online. We will collect information on the wearer of the equipment at the time of purchase online, instead of collecting this information inside the Rental Shop.
- To maintain the comfort of our employees and guests, we will limit how many people are inside the Rental Shop at a given time. The queue for the Rental Shop will be mostly outside. Customers are encouraged to dress appropriately as it is reasonable to expect lines during the busiest times of 2 hours or more.
- The Rental Shop is less busy between 8am and 10am in the morning.
- We encourage you to pick up your rental equipment the night before you wish to ski (available Thursday nights through Sunday nights during typical operating hours and any night during Christmas Week and President's Day week holiday period) or choose to rent from your home neighborhood ski shop.
- We recommend that you consider multi-day rentals if you plan on skiing more than one day.
The Lodge will be available for eating, restrooms and warming at regular capacity. It is recommended that vaccinated and unvaccinated guests wear face coverings indoors except when actively eating or drinking to help keep our staff healthy and our business operation open.
- We are encouraging you to gear up at your car or at home. Do not leave personal belongings on tables in the lodge.
- Please consider eating in the outdoor eating areas provided.
Food and Beverage
For service at the Marketplace, we encourage guests to use the Text to Order system (570-503-7559) or call in orders in advance at 570-685-9412. The Summit Restaurant & The Scramble Cafeteria will be open for dine-in and take out. Place your take out order online.
Daily Employee Check-In
If employees are feeling ill or are taking care of an ill family member, they are instructed to stay home.
We will continue mandatory training on COVID-19 awareness and train our staff on proper health etiquette, social distancing and personal hygiene. Staff are trained in workplace behavior, sanitation, social distancing and hygiene protocols. Every department has a protocol they must follow.